The Benefits of Joining
Recycling, plastic packaging and coffee cups keep hitting the headlines. Your customers look to you for advice on how to recycle the packaging on their favourite products. We give you the tools to do that simply and effectively.
Whatever your company’s size, whatever your distribution channels, the award-winning On-Pack Recycling Label gives you iconography recognised by more than 7 in 10 consumers – more than any other recycling label. Uniquely, Defra guidance on making environmental claims cites the OPRL scheme as good practice in recyclability claims, since it is based on availability of recycling services (see page 13).
In its report on Consistency of Recycling Collections WRAP says “Brands and retailers not currently using the widely recognised On Pack Recycling Label labelling scheme are strongly encouraged to adopt this labelling on all packaging placed on the UK market.”
We’ve now opened membership to packaging designers and manufacturers so that the whole supply chain can work together to improve the recyclability of packaging.
The benefits of membership are:
1. Engaging your customers
By demonstrating you take recycling and careful use of resources seriously, you add value to your brand. And by helping them do the right thing you show how important your customers are to you.
2. Delivering on your sustainability promises
Showing you take a holistic view – not just in the production and consumption of your product, but also the packaging which protects it.
3. Supporting sector-wide commitments
By demonstrating your leadership within your sector you strengthen not only your brand, but the image of your sector as a whole.
4. Participating in the circular economy
If you share our ambition to grow the UK’s circular economy help secure every link in the chain – from packaging producer to product manufacturer to retailer to consumer to waste authority to processor to packaging producer.
5. Addressing political and public criticisms
Combined with your careful design, minimising packaging while protecting the products to be enjoyed by your customers, this little label speaks volumes about the sustainability of your packaging.
Signing up to this scheme will demonstrate your business’ commitment. Join us now!
As a member you’ll receive:
- Detailed guidelines on how to apply the label correctly, and access to our print ready artwork library
- Online tools to help you choose the correct label, and see more recyclable options available for your packaging needs
- Bespoke commissioning of new labels to meet your packaging needs
- General advice on the label and scheme, and regular newsletters telling you of developments
- Bespoke technical advice from WRAP, and workshops on common problems
- Feedback from compliance monitoring detailing any problems and advice on how to rectify them
- Benchmarking on how well you are doing compared to your competitors
- Support on accessing our services
- Support in dealing with general queries and complaints relating to the scheme
In addition, we promote the label both in the media and through the resources we provide to councils for resident communications. These are also freely available to members for use in-store on your website. We also celebrate outstanding performances by members through our 100PerCenter awards, briefing the press on those of you who go the extra mile.
Coming soon – our new online tool helping you design for recyclability
If there’s something we can do better, or offer in addition, please let us know!