Become a Member
Our purpose at OPRL is to collaborate across the packaging cycle to drive circularity and transformation in packaging resource efficiency.
As a member of OPRL you will be part of this, by providing recycling guidance to your consumers through using the most recognised and acted upon reuse and recycling label scheme in the UK. We’re also recognised as best practice Internationally.
Becoming a member will support your sustainability claims and sector-wide commitments e.g. UK Plastics Pact. You can also participate in our goal to move closer towards industry changes, such as mandatory labelling and the Deposit Return Schemes.
You’ll have access to the most up-to-date information and advice from across the industry on labelling your packaging, including exclusive access to:
- Labelling Rules and Online Tools to help apply the right labels to your packaging
- Help with designing recyclable packaging with our PREP Tool
- Certified As Recyclable – provides a robust analysis of the design, materials and special features of packaging, giving a clear understanding of recyclability in the UK
- Compliance Monitoring to help you get the most out of the scheme
- Access to support tools including our Knowledge Base and Webinars
- Newsletters keeping you up-to-date with what we’re up to along with industry news
- Support with your sustainability credentials
Our membership categories and fees
Our membership categories are based on types of organisations and the amount of packaging your organisation places onto the UK market. This is generally aligned to your PRN declaration.
For some organisational types there are more than one sub-categories to help fit your organisation.