Member Fees and Ts&Cs
To become a member of the On-Pack Recycling Label scheme and start putting the label on your packaging you must pay your annual subscription fee in advance to OPRL Ltd. We will ask you to meet the scheme’s rules and will enforce these through our compliance monitoring.
The annual fees for brands and retailers until 31 March 2018 are as follows:
- £950 (+VAT) per company, including groups with one or more subsidiaries or brands, with an introductory discount of 10% for companies putting in place a recurring subscription made automatically by electronic payment.
- £299 (+VAT) for charities and small, independent businesses with an annual turnover of less than £5 million, on condition that a recurring subscription made automatically by electronic payment is put in place.
New fee structures will apply from 1 April 2018 to ensure those benefitting most from OPRL services ie those generating the largest volumes of packaging, make the largest contribution to covering our costs. These will align with the fee structures already applying to packaging manufacturers and designers. There will also be an additional charge incorporated to cover the costs of additional services.
NEW MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
In 2017 we introduced new membership categories for packaging manufacturers and designers. Membership entitles the same access to services and support, with use of the label on own brand and client packaging where the client is also an OPRL member.
The annual fees for packaging manufacturers are:
- £3700 (+VAT) for large manufacturers, including groups with one or more subsidiaries, manufacturing over 1 million pieces of packaging placed on the UK market each year (as declared in PRN returns)
- £2500 (+VAT) for manufacturers whose production falls below this threshold
The annual fees for packaging design companies are:
- £950 (+VAT) per company, including groups with one or more subsidiaries
- £299 (+VAT) for design studios with a single client on condition that a recurring subscription made automatically by electronic payment is put in place
As a not-for-profit company we set our fees to cover our costs in delivering services to members, re-investing any surplus in developing services and furthering the aims of the scheme. No dividend is distributed.
On each anniversary of your membership you must pay a renewal fee. Failure to pay any fee owed within 60 days of the due date will result in the sub-licence agreement being suspended and your access to services being withdrawn. Further delay will result in termination. This means you will not be able to use the label on any of your packaging.
Any changes to fees may be notified to members in writing and/or set out on this website.